Thursday, November 15, 2012

ABC November 2012 - Velvety Pumpkin Tart

Been a while since the last time I made tart, a great change after baking all those cakes :)
This is the first bake I made using pumpkin
I'm not a fan of pumpkin, so I never think that I would love any bake with pumpkin
This tart has proven me wrong
It's so delicious I ate two slices at one go after kept it in the refrigerator for 3 hours, and I had to refrain myself from opening the fridge and eating more!







This tart is really easy to make, just mix all ingredients for the crust, press on the pan, and bake for awhile
Beat all ingredients with electric mixer and you have the filling
Pour on the crust, continue to bake and that's it
Let cool, keep in the fridge for 3 hours at least and it's ready for consumption
One thing is, I do not have pie pan with removable bottom, so it's quite a struggle to have a piece of pie with nice cut

I made slightly more than half recipe with 18cm pie pan
Using digestive biscuit instead since I'm not a fan of ginger biscuits
I couldn't find canned pumpkin which is not pumpkin pie filling, so I made my own pumpkin puree - which I think it's better :)
I didn't use ground cloves, simply cos I have no stock
Reduced sugar used for the filling and added some butter for the crust to make it more moist

This recipe is from the book The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge, a great book with so many tried and tested keeper recipes
Such a luscious, creamy filling on a delicious crust, pure indulgence indeed!
I am seriously thinking of being more adventurous with pumpkin :)

Thanks to Avid Baker's Challenge event for allowing me to experience the unexpected :)
This post is for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment