Saturday, December 24, 2011

Noel Nutballs

These cookies were baked by my sis, with some help from me
It's surprising that holiday season can tickle her baking mood, in fact as far as I know, this was the first time she baked cookies :)




This is actually such a delicious cookies if not for the pecan nuts used
This was the first time for me, in fact for my family eating pecan, and apparently we didn't enjoy so much
Those who love pecan, this is a must try :)
I will definitely bake these cookies again next time but using different kind of nuts, perhaps cashew or walnuts

Recipe is from Martha Stewart

What you need:

2 1/4 cups plain flour - sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup icing sugar - sifted
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp bourbon / rum / for non alcoholic version : orange juice
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 cup soft unsalted butter

Beat butter and honey til fluffy, in high speed
Change to low speed and add in bourbon, followed by salt, sugar and flour, mix well
Add in pecan, mix well
Shape dough into ball and lightly flatten, wrap in clingwrap
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours (we did overnight)
Cut the dough into small squares, roll each square into ball shape, bake for 10-12minutes in preheated oven of 175degC
Keep cookies in airtight container

I'm submitting these snowy look cookies to  Aspiring Bakers #14: Creative Christmas Bakes (December 2011) hosted by Hankerie



And lastly, I'm submitting these Xmas cookies to Sweets For A Saturday #49 


Last but not least, I would like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas
May God bless you abundantly



No comments:

Post a Comment