Thursday, January 24, 2013

Famous Amos Double Chocolate Chips Cookies

It's time of the year when my mind is filled with cookies. What about you?
Let me start with what I have been craving the most (among many more LOL) - chocolate chips cookies

I am a chewy cookies follower, but strangely I've been having a craving for crunchy chocolate chips cookies
What could be better than a recipe which can give result close to the famous cookies by Mr Amos? :)

So, I searched for the recipe, found and bookmarked some
The first recipe I decided to try was from Cooking Crave
And yes, it didn't disappoint me at all
Tasty and crunchy. I kept them in an airtight container and they were still crunchy a few days later til the last piece was taken :)

These cookies of mine were fat cookies
I used 1 tbsp for each drop cookie, I guess 1 heaped tsp would be the best size :)





 
What you need:
 
150g butter
100g sugar
30g brown sugar
1 egg
220g plain flour
50g corn flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
100g walnut (I didn't use)
50g chocolate chips (I used 150g since I omitted the walnut)
30g cocoa powder
 
Method:
  1. Sieve flour, corn flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together, set aside
  2. Cream butter with sugar and brown sugar til creamy
  3. Add in egg and mix well
  4. Add in salt and vanilla essence
  5. Fold in the sieved flour til it forms dough and mix in the walnut (if used) and chocolate chips
  6. Spoon and drop the dough (1 heaped tsp will be the best size for me) onto a lined baking pan
  7. Bake in preheat oven at 180degC for 20 minutes
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment