Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake

This is the first cake always comes into my mind everytime I think of steamed cake, chocolate steamed cake in particular - all time favorite!
It's been many times I made this cake and every bite always makes me go hhhmmmm... :)
So luscious, rich and moist, chocolaty, and soft, too
Another excellent point is, it's really easy to make! No mixer required -> my favorite! :)





I posted this cake before, when I made it for my sis' bday, you may view HERE
I realized I didn't write the recipe in that posting - only link up to the original recipe, so here it is....

Recipe is from Cooking Crave

What you need:

180g butter
200g caster sugar
200g evaporated milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp dark rhum
  1. Preheat steamer, wrap the cover with clean cloth and line + grease 8" round pan
  2. Mix caster sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan
  3. Stir over low heat til sugar dissolves and butter melts
  4. Remove from heat, let cool
  5. Add in beaten eggs, stir well
  6. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda
  7. Pour egg mixture over the flour mixture and stir well (cake batter should be runny)
  8. Pour batter onto the pan, steam for 10 minutes on high heat, reduce the heat to low and steam for another 45 minutes

Chocolate fudge topping:

200g sweet condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp corn / canola oil
20g cocoa powder - sifted
a pinch of salt
  1. Bring to boil sweet condensed milk, oil and cocoa til thicken
  2. Add in salt and vanilla
  3. Pour over cooled cake, keep refrigerated

Note:
* For me, I prefer to eat this cake warm. I will warm the refrigerated cake for 15 second before consuming
* This time I used low fat version for both evaporated milk and sweet condensed milk and it didn't change the texture nor taste of this cake




 

No comments:

Post a Comment