Friday, October 12, 2012

Brownies Pudding

This chocolaty sweet refreshing dessert was so good I could not stop munching on it
The funny thing was, it needed more than just a few bites to relay the message to my brain that this pudding was so good
My first impression after the first bite wasn't so convincing, it's just too heavy to call it pudding, it could make me so full I could consider it as a meal - definitely because of the use of bread in the pudding
But as my mouth kept munching, slowly my impression changed, to the better
And final result - I was addicted to it! And so was my kids
It's delicious, sweet, chocolaty and so smooth
DH wasn't though, he still prefers something light, and unlike me, after a few tries his opinion didn't change
Oh well, I just enjoyed it together with the kids then :P





Recipe is from Nina's site but I didn't make the custard sauce and I didn't use almond, either (the original recipe is to sprinkle chopped almond in the mould before pouring the pudding mixture and serve with custard sauce)
To me, the pudding is already so good on its own :)

What you need:

14g plain white agar agar powder
1200ml fresh milk
6 pcs stale white bread, remove the crust
225g sugar
100g dark chocolate, chopped
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten

Wet the pudding mould
Blend bread, half of the milk, chopped dark chocolate and agar agr powder til very smooth
Pour the mixture in a pot, mix with the remaining milk, sugar and egg yolk, bring to boil over small fire, off heat
Turn on the heat again, stir vigorously, bring to boil another time, off heat
Pour into the mould, let it set and cool
Keep in the fridge


This is how the kids enjoyed the pudding... ^_^

 

I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #24 (October 2012): Jellies and Puddings hosted by Charmaine of MiMi Bakery House

No comments:

Post a Comment