Monday, July 2, 2012

THB #5 Walnut Crusted Butter Cake

5th bake from The Home Bakers, from the book Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas
Butter cake - one of DH's favorite cakes, this time with nutty crust at the sides - nice!
Original recipe used almond slices, but I used sliced walnuts since that's what I had in stock :)
I baked only half recipe this time, just nice portion for the family without being over indulged :)
But the quantity of the walnuts I used was for one recipe :)
And also, I ommited amond extract and reduced sugar to 150g (half recipe)


I love the texture of this cake. It's rather dense - typical butter cake, but soft with fine texture
I added 3 tbsp of plain yoghurt (for half recipe) which I think it's a good thing :)


And the outer crust was so exciting to munch! I love this part the best :)
I used two rectangle short pans, to shorten the baking time :)


I found the fork is really cute, it's actually kids fork, those who still learn to grip


Overall, we like this cake. Probably I'll add some orange zest and orange glaze - yum! :)



For full recipe, please visit Emily's site
Please visit The Home Bakers, you'll see other members' bakes and really hope you can join in the fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment