Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sweet Potatoes Soup

Everybody is now displaying their winderful scones in their blogs, makes me drooling, but I can only bake tomorrow

So for today my post will be a sweet Asian dessert I love
Such a hearty simple dessert


Inspiration was from Sonia's site, thanks Sonia :)

What you need:

sweet potatoes, peeled and cleaned, cut
a few pandan leaves, tie into knots
1 block palm sugar
brown sugar (as desired)
a thumb size of young ginger, lightly smashed
a pot of water
  1. Bring to boil a pot of water 
  2. Add in sweet poatoes, pandan leaves, palm sugar, ginger and let simmer for 20-30 minutes
  3. (check ocassionally to avoid sweet potatoes turn too soft)
  4. Add in brown sugar to the desired sweetness
  5. Off heat and serve warm

I'm submitting this post to  Aspiring Bakers #20: Asian dessert buffet! (June 2012) hosted by Moon of Food Playground
 

No comments:

Post a Comment