Thursday, June 21, 2012

Steamed Brownies

Recipe is from the book "Magic Steamed Cake" by Alex Goh



I like the taste, real delicious
Texture wise, it's quite crumbly, I wish it could be more moist
Original recipe uses walnuts, I will do so the next time I make this cake again, and perhaps some chocolate chips too
Overall, well loved by family :)

A
100g butter
85g cooking chocolate

B
180g sugar
3 eggs

C
20g cocoa powder
170g plain flour
1 1/4 tsp double acting baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

D
120g chopped walnuts (I didn't use but I will in the future)
100g chocolate chips (additional I'd like to use in the future)
  1. Double boil A over simmering water til chocolate melted
  2. Mix B til sugar dissolved. Add in cooled A, mix til well combined
  3. Fold in sieved C, mix til well blended. Add in D, mix til well incorporated
  4. Pour into 22x20cm shallow pan lined with alumunium foil (I used 20cm round, hence the taller cake)
  5. Steam for 30 minutes. Set aside to let cool
  6. Coat with chocolate ganache over the cooled cake

No comments:

Post a Comment