Saturday, April 7, 2012

ABC April 2012 - Buttery Pull Apart Dinner Rolls

I'm so glad to be able to join in another fabulous baking event organized by Hanaa : Avid Baker's Challenge (ABC), which I got to know from Joyce
Finally I got the book with me, The Weekend Baker by Abby Dodge which will be used for this event for the whole year of 2012
If only I found out this event at the start of this year, I would have enjoyed the fabulous 3 suggested bakes for the previous 3 months
Well, now that I have the book, I can bake them anytime :P

For this month's bake, buttery pull apart dinner rolls, I thought I wouldn't be able to make it in time, so glad that I finally did :)

This rolls are seriously good, I mean it, really really good, cottony soft with a hint of butter
And it's indeed true, it stayed soft til the end of the next day!

I chose to bake the plain version since the others were not into my kids' liking, they're my first and best customers after all :)

I baked the rolls last night, and these pictures below were taken the next morning, still as soft especially after microwaved them for 10 seconds
What a great breakfast I had this morning, so good with a cup of coffee :)




Now these pictures below were taken just after the rolls out from the oven




Not to forget the pull apart pic :) Too bad this was the best I could get sigh...


I followed the recipe accordingly except theat I replaced half half with fresh milk and all purpose flour with bread flour, and I shaped each dough into 50g balls, a little smaller
Oh, and I used my breadmaker to do the kneading job :)

For reference, you may view the recipe HERE, or please get a copy of the book and join this fantastic event :)

DH loves it so much that he asked me if it's possible to make another batch since it's finished so fast :)
I quickly nodded and I just had another batch ready this evening and I mixed half of the recipe with chocolate chips, piped cross on each bun and I got my chocolate chips hotcross buns for Easter day tomorrow
I guess I must have mixed the chocolate chips incorrectly cos the buns were not as tall as the plain ones, and also they looked more wrinkly, but the texture remained the same, so I wan't really bothered :)

Please view this link for other ABC bakers links with their buttery rolls

I believe I will have another great breakfast tomorrow morning with these wonderful rolls
As for the hotcross buns, I'll post tomorrow okie.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment