Monday, August 29, 2011

Tomato, Feta, and Fresh Dill Frittata

I wanted to make a healthy and delicious breakfast to get us ready for our family bike ride so I decided to make a frittata. I found grape tomatoes, feta cheese, and fresh dill in the refrigerator and I thought that would be a great combination of flavors. I was right - my husband and I loved it. The tomatoes were sweet, the feta was salty, and the dill was so delicious with the eggs. This was a great way to start out our day.


Tomato, Feta, and Fresh Dill Frittata:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 8 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp non fat milk
  • Fresh dill, chopped
  • 1/4 cup of feta cheese
  • Handful of small cherry tomatoes
  • Dash of garlic powder
  • Sea Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat the baking dish with cooking spray.

Mix the eggs with the milk and fresh dill until well combined then season with a dash of garlic powder, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish then place the tomatoes and feta cheese evenly in the egg mixture.

Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment