Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cinnamon Roasted Almonds

Over the summer I tried some cinnamon almonds made by my friend Cathy at Wives with Knives. The almonds were amazingly delicious and my kids, especially my daughter, loved them. I picked up a bag of plain almonds recently and decided to try to recreate those fantastic nuts. My son and I had a great time making these tasty treats together. They were crunchy, salty, and sweet - the perfect combination. Thanks for inspiring me to make these almonds Cathy.

Cinnamon Roasted Almonds:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking
Inspired by Cathy at Wives with Knives
  • 1 lb of unsalted almonds
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.

Place the egg white and vanilla into a bowl then beat with a whisk until nice and foamy. Add the almonds to the foam and toss to coat evenly.

Add the cinnamon, brown sugar, white sugar, and salt together in another bowl and mix until well combined. Pour the sugar mixture onto the almonds and gently toss to coat evenly. Pour onto the baking sheet and place into the oven. Roast for 20 minutes then flip the almonds over with a spatula then continue roasting for another 20 minutes. Let them cool before eating. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment