Friday, March 19, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Waffles

I love getting free samples of different food products, it's one of the many perks of being a food blogger. I was recently sent a few boxes of different Kodiak Cakes products. My kids were really looking forward to trying the flapjack/waffle mix. I was happy to see that Kodiak Cakes use whole grains in their mixes. My kids love vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon added to their pancakes and waffles so I added a bit to this mix. The waffles were light, fluffy and absolutely delicious. My kids and husband all really, really loved these waffles and I must say they were so easy to make! Thanks Kodiak Cakes.
Side note: I'll be taking a three day weekend to go to the beach... see you on Tuesday.

Pumpkin Pie Spiced Waffles:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1 cup of Kodiak Cakes waffle/pancake mix
  • 1 cup of COLD water
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat a waffle iron. Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Once the waffle iron is hot, coat it with cooking spray. Pour enough waffle batter onto the waffle iron making sure to cover it but being careful not to let it overflow. Close the waffle iron lid and cook until they are golden brown, 2-3 minutes (depending on waffle iron). Serve with butter and maple syrup. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment