Thursday, March 18, 2010

Corned Beef Hash

One of the main reasons I wanted to make a corned beef was to make corned beef hash. I've never had it but have always wanted to try it. It was better than I imagined! I diced the potatoes, onions and corned beef very small and simply sautéed them with olive oil, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper and garlic powder. It was so easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. My kids really loved it plain (not big egg eaters), while my husband and I really enjoyed it with a steamed egg on top. I will be making this often since it was such a big hit with the entire family.

Corned Beef Hash:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 3 cups of potatoes, diced
  • 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups of corned beef, diced
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • Garlic powder, to taste
  • Steamed Eggs, if desired

Boil the diced potatoes in water for 4-5 minutes; drain. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes then add the potatoes. Push the potatoes down in the pan with your spatula and leave along for 3-4 minutes. Flip the potatoes to brown on the other side. Continue to leave the potatoes alone for 3-4 minutes before flipping. Once the potatoes and onions are golden brown, add the corned beef and heat through.

Cook eggs, if desired. Click the link above for directions if needed. Serve your corned beef hash with an egg on top. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment