Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Recipe Revisited - Happy Halloween


For the first time ever, I am revisiting a recipe. I am doing this for two reasons...
  1. It's a fun way to make lunch a little more special for Halloween - your kids will love it!
  2. I have a terrible flu and have no energy to cook or blog. I will be taking the next few days off to rest and recuperate. I hope you all have a fun and spooky Halloween. See you next week.

Recipe Revisited from October 2008:

I wanted to make a fun Halloween lunch this week for my kids so I decided to make a jack-o-lantern sandwich, bugs on a log and a silly face. They absolutely loved it and gobbled up every last bite. I loved seeing their faces when I gave them their lunches.

Jack-O-Lantern Sandwich:
  • Whole Wheat bread
  • Cheddar cheese
  • Turkey
  • Mayonnaise
  • Mustard

Bugs on a log:

  • Celery
  • Peanut butter
  • Raisins

Silly face:

  • Cucumber slices
  • Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
  • Strawberry
  • Clementine or Mandarin orange slices


No comments:

Post a Comment