Friday, May 22, 2009

Mixed Greens with Raspberries and Pears PLUS Pay it Forward Winners

I found a recipe for a mixed greens with raspberry and pear salad in my Cooking Light Cookbook, I adapted it just a bit to use what I had on hand. The raspberries and pears were really sweet while the vinaigrette was a bit tart. The feta added a nice creamy texture and the sunflower seeds gave a bit of a crunch. This was a light and flavorful salad that we all really enjoyed.

Mixed Greens with Raspberries and Pears:
Recipe and photo by For the Love of Cooking
Adapted from Cooking Light

  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Baby spinach leaves
  • Fresh raspberries
  • Fresh pear, diced
  • Feta cheese (I used reduced fat)
  • Red onion, thinly sliced
  • Sunflower seeds

Raspberry Vinaigrette:

  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 2 1/2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Combine all the ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Taste the dressing, if it's too tart add a couple tablespoons of apple juice or a bit more sugar, to taste. I kept our dressing tart because the berries and pear were so sweet.

Combine the romaine, spinach, pear, feta cheese, red onion and sunflower seeds. Top with a bit of salad dressing to taste then toss. Once the salad is dressed, add the raspberries and serve. Enjoy.





Pay it Forward winners:


I asked my six year old daughter to pick a number between 1-60 and she chose 43. I asked my three year old son to pick a number between 1-60 and he chose 14. So the winners of the Pay it Forward are:

Number 43: Cathy from The Tortefeasor

Number 14: Kristen from Whatcha Eatin'?

Congratulations ladies! Please e-mail me with your mailing address so I can send you some goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment