Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Open Faced Turkey Sandwich

This is my new favorite sandwich! We had friends over for leftovers after Thanksgiving and I made these sandwiches for dinner. They were unbelievably tasty. I layered my mom's rolls with cranberry jelly, stuffing, turkey and gravy. I didn't have any homemade gravy so I used a packet of turkey gravy and it tasted great. The combination of flavors and textures was absolutely delicious. Our friends really loved them and so did my husband and I.

Prepare gravy per instructions or warm up leftover homemade gravy if you have it. Cut the roll in half and spread each side with cranberry sauce. Layer with warm stuffing then turkey. Cover with gravy. Enjoy!

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

Awards:

I was given two awards recently. The Butterfly Award from Colleen at Cooking This and That. Thank you for passing this award on to me Colleen, you made my day.

I'll be passing this award on to Heather at Diary of a Fanatic Foodie. Heather's site is filled with wonderful recipes and great pictures...check it out.

I also received the Proximity award from Michelle at Chocolate and Marmalade. Thank you Michelle - I really appreciate it.

"This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I was supposed to nominate 8 blogs but it's late and I am tired - sorry.

I'll be passing this on to Mary at One Perfect Bite. I recently found Mary's blog and I love it. Not only does she share great stories and memories but she also has fantastic recipes with amazing photographs. Be sure to visit her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment