Monday, August 11, 2008

Zucchini Bread

My amazing neighbor Jack has been giving me loads of fresh zucchini from his beautiful garden. We love zucchini bread so my kids and I decided to make a couple of loaves. This was my best batch of zucchini bread I have ever made. It was perfectly cooked - extra moist and tender and tasted so great. I loved the spice flavor as well as the crunchy texture from the walnuts. My kids did a great job and we had so much fun together. Baking is a wonderful way to spend time with them.
  • 3 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cup of white sugar
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 cups of grated zucchini
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans or coat with cooking spray. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg and mix thoroughly. Beat together, oil, eggs,white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add flour mixture to the creamy mixture and mix well. Gently add the zucchini and walnuts until well combined. Pour into greased bread pans and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife is inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for a few minutes moving to a rack. Enjoy.


Click here for a printable version of this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment