Thursday, August 28, 2008

Crash Hot Potatoes

I love looking at food blogs and getting inspired to make new things. I was looking at the Pioneer Woman Cooks website the other day and I saw a recipe called "Crash Hot Potatoes". They were created by an Australian food writer named Jill Dupleix. I love the Pioneer Woman, she has a witty and wonderful website full of great recipes & stories. She also gives you step by step photos of the recipe. Check out her website through the link above - you'll love it. I decided to make these little beauties and my whole family was glad I did. Growing up in Idaho, I had potatoes every way you can imagine...and I love them all. I have never had potatoes like this before so I had to try them. The recipe was very easy to make. They were crunchy and creamy and so delicious. I loved them plain with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and a bit of olive oil and I also liked them with a bit of sour cream and green onions. A great new potato recipe to add to my collection.

  • 12-15 baby red potatoes
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (PW said 450 but I used 400). Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Place on a cooking sheet coated with cooking spray or drizzled with olive oil. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and with a potato masher, gently smash each potato. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and pepper (add a bit of your favorite dry herbs if you like).

Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Eat plain or top with a little sour cream and green onions (my kids loved them this way). Enjoy!

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment