Sunday, November 25, 2012

Steamed Pandan Cheese Layered Cake

Recipe is from the book Magic Steamed Cake by Alex Goh
Nice taste and texture. Soft and tasty cake. A request made by Ian sice he's craving for pandan cake, one of his favorite cakes :)

Original recipe used red bean filling made in cupcakes, but I chose to use 20cm round pand, sliced the cake into two, spread a thin layer of buttercream and sprinkle grated cheddar cheese and I had a pandan cheese layered cake :)

This is a big cake. I still have extra batter so I poured onto individual muffin mould lined with muffin paper liners, I got four not so full cupcakes
If you make this for a small family, I suggest make half recipe
I made one recipe and it's too much for my family I shared some with my neighbours :)

The color was a little too pale, cos I omitted the green coloring and replaced with a tiny drop of pandan paste instead to enhance the flavour






What you need:
(modified to suit my family liking)

A
240g eggs (I use 5 medium eggs)
250g sugar
1/2 tsp salt
120g canola oil

B
2 tsp pandan juice
1 tiny drop of pandan paste
200g coconut milk (I used 100ml Kara + 100ml water)

C
400g flour
1 tsp baking soda
4 tsp double action baking powder
  1. Preheat steamer, wrap the cover with clean cloth, and prepare a 20cm round pan, greased
  2. Whip A til sugar dissolves and slightly thicken
  3. Add in B, mic until well blended
  4. Fold in sieved C, mix until well combined
  5. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the pan, steam for 15 minutes
  6. Pour the remaining batter into the pan, and steam for another 30 minutes (Please judge yourself when pouring the remaining batter. I poured til almost 3/4 full and I poured the remaining batter on the cupcake moulds)
  7. After the cake cooled, cut into two, spread buttercream and sprinkle grated cheddar cheese for filling

No comments:

Post a Comment