Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fried Fish Cake (Lempiang Ikan)

My second dish for Malaysian Food Fest: Kedah Perlis, also a dish I know the whole family will love
And it's a good way to make my kids eating fish, hence I divided the batter into two parts, one used chilli and the other one did not
One thing I forgot was the lime leaves used
The supposedly nice fragrant was apprently not well received by them
After a few bites they complained about the 'lemony' taste
Noted that the next time I make this I will omit the lime leaves too for them (but not for me LOL)






This yummy dish tastes really similar to Thai fish cake, even the chilli dip
Recipe is from My Kitchen Snippets' site

What you need:

300g fish paste (I blended tilapia fillet til smooth)
2 long beans - finely chopped
3pcs kaffir lime leaves - finely chopped
1 spring onion - finely chopped
1 small egg
1 red chilli - finely chopped
1 tbsp chilli paste
1 tbsp oyster sauce
salt (I didnt use cos the chilli paste I used had salt in it)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
cornstarch to coat
  1. Mix everything except long beans and cornstarch
  2. Add in long beans and keep in the fridge for 30 minutes
  3. Shape into balls, flatten into disc and coat with cornstarch
  4. Fry both sides til golden brown
Sauce:
2 fresh red chillis - ground into paste (I used 1 tbsp chilli paste)
3 tbsp white vinegar
6 tbsp sugar
4 tsp cornstarch
200ml water
salt
  1. Mix all ingredients in a pot and bring to boil
  2. Simmer til thick
Serve immediately. Dip the fried fish cake into the sauce. Yum!

I am submitting this to MFF: Kedah Perlis hosted by Table for 2...or more











No comments:

Post a Comment