Tuesday, September 11, 2012

ABC September 2012 - Mile-High Vanilla Sponge Cake

I've baked sponge cakes before but this cake is a total winner in terms of softness and fluffiness
It's so soft, even softer than angel or chiffon cake! To me, this is not sponge cake, it's more to chiffon cake
Whatever it is, it's really nice in taste, and even though I read many reviews that it's rather dry, I didn't find it dry I could eat it plain, but of course eating it with sauce was even better :)
A little on the sweet side, but still aceptable


I have been trying to bake chiffon cakes but so far I couldn't make one with nice look, even though texture was fine
Even though this was not perfect, but it was the first one I could make a chiffon cake that can sit tall nicely :)

 
 
Extremely soft that it's not an easy task to cut a thin slice, and cutting with serrated knife is a must, it does make your life much easier :)
 
 
 
This is how my kids prefer to eat this cake - with Hershey's chocolate sauce :)
It indeed made the cake more moist and so delightful to eat :P



This is the bake of the month of September for Avid Baker's Challenge event hosted by Hanaa
Recipe is from the book The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge
Please hop on ABC's site to view other members baking this cake
 
 

 
 
Now I'm really keen in trying out the orange version or even pandan or chocolate :)


No comments:

Post a Comment