Thursday, August 9, 2012

THB #7 - Blueberries Coffee Cake

I shared a silly story...
It happened yesterday morning when I just woke up around 7am
I checked my handphone and read Zoe's comment in my previous posting about her early post for this cake and I was literally jumped out of the bed and quickly on my pc
I was like, oh God I'm late! I haven't posted the cake I hosted! Silly silly silly... how can I forget!!!
So I quickly edited the pictures, and started typing while the rest of the family having their breakfast. DH looked at me typing my blog post cluelessly cos it's a rare sight to see me doing that in the early morning
While typing halfway I was like, eeerrr... today is 10th? Or 9th?
Then I realized that it was the 9th! An immediate feeling of relief filled me in from head to toe. Oh, I'm not late, I'm not late...yippee!
So I just continued typing and saved it and here it is, posted right in time LOL

A silly story about somebody so blur like me hahahahaha....

Ok, back to business..
I must say I am happy, really happy to have chosen this recipe
It's delicious soft cake with nice fine texture bursting with the juiciness of the berries in every bite
I used blueberries this time since I had many instock and they're quite sweet with a hint of tanginess which complimented well with the sweetness of the cake
Oh, not to forget the chopped almond on top, such a heavenly experience when I sunk my teeth on the cake, the crunchiness worked perfectly well with the cake
Yum!

I mixed the berries with the batter after coating them with a little flour
I baked half recipe and used cupcakes mould for intake control - which still didn't work, cos everytime I passed my dining area and bumped my eyes on them, I would go and grab them LOL




Here's the recipe:
(half recipe)

What you need:

114g (4 ounces) cream cheese at room temperature
57g (4 tbsp) unsalted butter at room temperature
85g (half of 3/4 cup) granulated sugar
30ml (1/8 cup)fresh milk
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries + 1 tsp plain flour
25g (1/8 cup) firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped almonds
  1. Preheat oven to 175degC
  2. Lay cupcake liners on cupcake tray
  3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter and granulated sugar and beat with electric mixer til light and fluffy
  4. Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla, beat thoroughly
  5. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Stir to blend
  6. Add to the cheese mixture and beat til smooth
  7. Mix in flour coated blueberries into the batter, stir gently to avoid the batter turned blueish in color
  8. Spoon the batter in the prepared pan
  9. Mix brown sugar and nuts together and sprinkle evenly over the batter
  10. Bake for 30 minutes or til the cake is golden brown and cake tester skewer comes out clean
  11. Let cool and serve warm or room temperature
This half recipe gave me 11 standard size cupcakes

I'm so happy that with a blink of an eye, it's already the 7th bake of The Home Bakers, and event hosted by Joyce
The recipes are from the book Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas
Please check out the site and other members' bakes and you're too most welcomed to participate - trust me, you'll have fun! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment