Thursday, June 14, 2012

Glass Noodle Soup

I had gastric attack last night, giving me bad headache too
Today I feel better, but still feel a little unwell, uncomfortable feeling in the tummy and my head still feel heavy
Those have gastric problem will know that after effect from gastric attack can take quite awhile, as if it leaves scar inside

This dish I cooked today is simple to make - I don't feel like cooking something tedious
And most of all, it's really delicious
Recipe is from Sonia's site - I was literally drooling when I saw her posting in this soup dish


A yummy, hearty and healthy dish you must try!

What you need:

150g soya beans, soak for 4 hours
a handful of dried anchovies (ikan bilis)
3 litre of water
2 large onions, peeled and halved
2 tsp salt to taste

fried fishballs
chilli fishballs
fishcake, cut
tong choy (preserved vegetables)
spring onion, chopped
red chillis, cut

garlic oil
fish sauce

glass noodles, blanched in hot water
  1. Bring to boil soya beans, ikan bilis, onion and water
  2. Add salt and simmer for 2 hours
  3. Blanch fishballs and fishcakes in the soup
  4. To serve, mix glass noodles with garlic oil and fish sauce
  5. Add in soup with fishballs, fishcake
  6. And sprinkle with tong choy, spring onion and red chillis
  7. Serve hot
I gave my kids without the tong choy, spring onion and red chillis
I added a little rice and blanched brocolli

This soup really made me feel better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment