Friday, June 1, 2012

ABC June 2012 - Overnight Brioche Braid

Brioche, one of my favorite bread, hence my excitement in making this month's ABC project, an event organized by Hanaa
This is the second brioche I made, recipe is from the book The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge

This is the first time I braided bread! I never even braid my girl's hair LOL
I am lousy in shaping bread, so pardon my skinny brioche braid :)

I didn't leave the dough overnight, I started making in the afternoon, by dinner time everybody could enjoy it :)

I wanted to make just 1 braid but unfortunately it couldn't fit in my pan, so I divided into 2 braids and I had some balance of the dough, I split into 2 and put them into bread cups
Looking at the result, I guess it would have been nicer if I made just 1 thick braid instead of 2 skinny ones. Thick braid would feel fluffier :)

I sprinkled one braid with grated cheddar cheese, and  the other one with chocolate rice
Also chocolate rice sprinkled on the 2 cupbreads :)


Look at the texture, so soft!


I followed the recipe to the dot, except that I used bread flour instead
And I don't own water thermometer, so I didn't measure the milk temperature, I only assumed it's ready to use when it's lukewarm

I used breadmaker to do the kneading job
The dough is not so difficult to handle, only in the first one minute it's a little sticky but after that it's allright. Just like what the book described - it's soft but not sticky, but I still needed to use a little flour

This bread is already good on its own, mixing it with chocolate chips, raisins or other dried fruits would be even better
Replacing a little of the milk with some orange juice will be a pleasant bonus, I guess


Please view this link for other ABC members baking their brioche too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment