Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Poached Egg on Caramelized Onion, Tomato, and Asiago Focaccia

I was excited to eat some of the leftover focaccia for lunch but wanted to make it a bit more special so I topped it with a poached egg. I can't tell you how good this lunch was! The combination of the caramelized onions, roasted tomatoes, and the focaccia with the soft poached egg was amazing. I only wish I had more leftover focaccia so I could make this again tomorrow.

Poached Egg on Caramelized Onion, Tomato, and Asiago Focaccia:
Recipe and photo by For the Love of Cooking.net
Make focaccia bread... see recipe here.

Add water to a pan, filling it two thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Coat a poaching cup (or custard cup) with cooking spray then place in the water. Break the egg into the cup then cover the pan with a lid and cook for 4-6 minutes or until the whites are firm but the yolk is soft.

Place the poached egg on top of a slice of the Caramelized Onion, Tomato, and Asiago Focaccia then season the egg with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Serve immediately. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment