Friday, September 16, 2011

Chocolate Snowskin With Custard Filling Mooncakes

Finally I managed to set aside some free time to give my hands a second try (first time was yars ago which was far from successful) on making snowskin mooncakes This time I was satisfied, both with the texture as well as the taste - for the skin as well as the filling - yummy yummy yummy..... yippee!! :)
One thing is I have no idea how to get rid of the flour on the surface and the sides of the mooncakes - it should have looked much prettier without it - I guess I have dusted the mould with too much flour and it looked more obvious on dark color snowskin
Also, I could have clearer pattern on the surface if I pressed a little harder I guess :)



I did the shaping together with my mum - she mastered the techniques of wrapping the filling much faster than me - she made a perfect one on her first try, while I could only do so after third attempt hihi....

Recipe for the chocolate snowskin is from HERE - delicious and so chocolatey... See, hers is so smooth with no trace of flour at all
And recipe for the custard filling is from HERE - yummy, not overly sweet - just nice!
The combination if chocolate and custard is just perfect :)

I used mould with 6cm diameter (my one and only mould - bought last minute at Poon Huat after couldn't find my another mould I bought years ago heee...)
This recipe makes 12 mooncakes
I use 1:2 ratio - for my mould it's 25g for skin and 50g for filling

I'm submitting my this very first batch of mooncakes to Aspiring Bakers #11 Mid-Autumn Treats hosted by HHB of  Happy Home Baking

Now, I feel like making more mooncakes :P

No comments:

Post a Comment