Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Farmer's Salad

This recipe was given to me by my friend Sharon. It's light, simple to make, and tastes wonderful - it's perfect for the summer!! I love the combination of soft cottage cheese, crunchy vegetables, and dill. I also really like that there is no dressing on this salad...it just doesn't need it. This dish is very versatile - you can use whatever veggies you have on hand. My kids thought it was good and they aren't cottage cheese fans. My husband and I both really loved it. I had the leftovers for lunch the following day and it tasted fantastic. Thanks for the terrific recipe Sharon!


Farmer's Salad:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Sharon Friedman
  • 1 lb container of large curd cottage cheese
  • 1 cup of yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup of orange bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup of grape tomatoes
  • 1 cup of sugar snap peas, diced
  • 1 cup of cucumber, peeled & diced
  • 4-5 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
  • Dash of garlic powder
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Dice all of the vegetables. Combine the cottage cheese with the yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, and cucumber in a large bowl. Add the chopped dill and season with a dash of garlic powder, and sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Mix until evenly coated. Taste and re-season if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment