Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chocolate Cheese Black Glutinuous Rice Swiss Roll

I have been curious about bakings which using black glutinuous rice flour, but I simply could not find the flour here in Singapore
I ended up importing it directly from Indonesia - where many bakers use it for cake and brownies, aside from other Indonesian delicacies

I saw many also bake swiss roll using this flour, since it's relevant to this month's Aspiring Bakers event, I decided to give this a try
The result is not bad at all, taste wise - it's really nice, texture wise - it's soft and a little crumbly
Too bad I chose wrong pan size, I had a thick cake which difficult to roll, next time I should use bigger pan or I can just divide the batter into 2 pans
Lucky I still managed to roll it even though I couldn't get nice swirls...


What you need:

A
3 eggs
3 egg yolk
100g sugar
1 tsp ovalette
B
75g plain flour
50g black glutinuous rice flour
C
50g butter
1 tsp chocolate paste

Filling:
some butter and grated cheddar cheese

Beat A til thick (ribbon stage)
Add B (beat in low speed)
Fold in C slowly
Pour batter into a greased and laid by parchment paper pan (2pans of 22x22x4cm)
Bake in preheated oven of 200degC for 10-12minutes (til the surface is dry) - let cool
Put on a parchment paper, spread with butter, sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese and roll away from you using parchment paper

I'm submitting this swiss roll to  Aspiring Bakers #9 Swiss Roling Good Times hosted by Lynn from Obsessedly Involved With Food at this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment