Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Greek Bruschetta

My husband was out of town last weekend so my kids and I were on our own. We rented movies after playing in the park on Friday afternoon and came home to a house smelled of freshly baked bread. I decided to do a fun dinner for us using the French Baguette I baked earlier in the day. I made two different types of bruschetta (I will post the other one tomorrow). We had a nice evening eating with our hands and watching movies. It was a great night with my kiddos.

Greek Bruschetta:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • Handful of grape tomatoes, diced
  • Handful of kalamata olives, diced
  • 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 tbsp feta cheese
  • Dash of oregano
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • French baguette, sliced
  • 1 clove of garlic
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the tomatoes, kalamata olives, pine nuts, parsley, feta cheese, oregano, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Mix the ingredients until well combined.

Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and place into the oven. Bake for 3-4 minutes until slightly crisp. Remove the bread from the oven and rub the garlic clove over each slice. Top with the tomato mixture and eat immediately. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment