Thursday, April 28, 2011

Greek Quinoa

I found some quinoa in my cupboard that I needed to use up so I decided to make a Greek style quinoa. I added some parsley, feta cheese, kalamata olives, red onion, and grape tomatoes to the cooked quinoa for a healthy and delicious side dish. I loved the flavors and textures of this recipe and my entire family liked it.

Greek Quinoa:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1/2 cup of quinoa
  • 1 cup of chicken broth
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1/4 cup of kalamata olive, sliced
  • 1/4 cup of red and yellow grape tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 1 tbsp red onion, diced finely
  • 2 tbsp feta cheese
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Cook the quinoa in the chicken broth with the minced garlic and dried oregano, per instructions. Once the quinoa is ready, add the parsley, kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, and sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Toss until evenly mixed then serve immediately. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment