Monday, January 3, 2011

Relaxed and Ready to Cook

We just got back from a holiday vacation in Idaho. We started our trip in Boise where we stayed with my sister and her family and celebrated Christmas with them and my father. We drove around the city and saw amazing Christmas light displays, went sledding in Idaho City, went on a sleigh ride and had dinner at Bogus Basin (courtesy of my sister and her husband Brooks - awesome present guys), we watched movies, played games, and enjoyed hanging out together.

Festive!


My awesome sister


Making cookies for Santa


Our fun and generous hosts


Cheers!!


A proud Papa


Loving the speed!


Exhausted


Beautiful Idaho


Sleigh Ride and Dinner at Bogus Basin


Next we headed to McCall to celebrate New Years. We spent time with my husband's brothers, visited with friends, played in the snow, dug snow tunnels, went skiing, relaxed, and read. It was a wonderful and peaceful time in the mountains!

What a view to wake up to


My daughter LOVED skiing


My son? Not so much.


Incredible sunrise


Very cold


Pancake House has the biggest cinnamon rolls!


Deep snow


Taking a dive


Back in Oregon


It was a wonderful trip and I am relaxed and ready to cook... I'll be back to posting recipes tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment