Monday, November 15, 2010

Cilantro and Lime Crab Salad in Avocado Halves

I picked up a tub of lump crab meat recently so I decided use some of it to make a quick and delicious salad to put into avocado halves. I found a recipe on Epicurious that looked simple and delicious. I tossed the crab with a bit of lime, cilantro, light mayonnaise, and red onion. The crab salad tasted so good with the creamy avocado. My husband and I both enjoyed this dish and I look forward to making it again.

Cilantro and Lime Crab Salad in Avocado Halves:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking
Original recipe on Epicurious
  • 1/2 cup lump crab meat
  • 1/2 tbsp light mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2 tsp red onion, diced finely
  • 1-2 tsp jalapeño, diced finely
  • 1 tsp lime zest
  • Juice from 1/2 a lime
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • Dash of cumin
  • 1 avocado, cut in half, pit removed
Combine the lump crab meat, mayonnaise, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, lime zest, lime juice, sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and cumin together. Spoon the crab mixture into each avocado half and serve immediately. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment