Thursday, October 21, 2010

Grilled Steak with Avocado Sauce

I was searching the web for avocado recipes and when I saw this recipe on Life's Ambrosia I knew I had to make it. I adapted it a bit by using the steaks I had on hand, which happened to be a rib eye and a couple of top sirloin. I also used extra seasonings on the steaks to suit my families tastes. It was a HUGE hit with all of us, especially my kids. My daughter couldn't get enough steak or sauce! I made my husband a burrito for lunch the next day using the leftovers and he said they were awesome. This recipe will be making it's way back to our table again soon.

Note: I didn't measure seasonings, I simply sprinkled each spice on both sides of the steaks.

Grilled Steak with Avocado Sauce:
Adapted Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Life's Ambrosia
  • Steaks of your choice (I used rib eye and top sirloin)
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • Chili powder, to taste
  • Onion powder, to taste
  • Paprika, to taste
  • Coriander, to taste
  • Cumin, to taste
  • Oregano, to taste
  • Garlic powder, to taste
Sprinkle each side of the steaks with the seasonings, to taste. Preheat the grill to medium heat; or if you are using a grill pan, heat it to medium high heat.

Cook steaks for 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired degree of doneness. Remove the steaks from the grill and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.

Avocado Sauce:
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • Juice from 1 large lime
Combine all ingredients in a processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add more sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, or lime juice if needed.

Once the steak has rested, slice and serve with the avocado sauce. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment