Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chicago Style Hot Dog

I have never had a hot dog without ketchup so I was a little leery about trying a Chicago style dog. I found a tempting looking photo of this hot dog in my newest Food Network Magazine and since I had nearly every ingredient, I decided to give it a try. I didn't have poppy-seed buns or cucumber spears but I had all of the other ingredients. I loved this hot dog and I don't think I will ever use ketchup again. It had so many great flavors and textures... a little sweet, spicy, and crunchy. This was, by far, the best hot dog I have ever made at home. I am so glad I stepped outside of my comfort zone to give this one a try.

Chicago Style Hot Dog:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe from Food Network Magazine ~ July/August 2010
  • 1 hot dog (I used Hebrew National low fat hot dogs)
  • 1 hot dog bun
  • Sliced grape tomatoes
  • Sweet pickle relish
  • Pickled peppers
  • Diced onion
  • Yellow mustard
  • Celery Salt
  • Dill pickle spear
Boil the hot dog until done. Place in the hot dog bun and layer it with tomatoes, relish, peppers, onion, mustard, and celery salt. Add your dill pickle on top or on the side like I did. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment