Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BBLTA - Bacon, Blue Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato and Avocado Sandwich

I made these sandwiches for lunch today and my son and I LOVED them. I have always loved BLT sandwiches and can't believe I've never added blue cheese to them before now. I used avocado instead of mayonnaise, a flavorful low fat blue cheese, really lean bacon, and a sandwich thin to keep this sandwich a bit healthier. I loved the crunchy bacon with the soft tomatoes and the crisp lettuce with the creamy cheese and avocado. This sandwich is quick and very easy to make and is filled with wonderful flavors and textures.

BBLTA - Bacon, Blue Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, and Avocado Sandwich:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 2 slices of lean bacon (or turkey bacon)
  • Tomato slices
  • 1 tbsp of low fat blue cheese (more if you want)
  • Avocado slices
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Sandwich Thin
  • Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Place on a paper towel. Toast your sandwich thin. Spread a few avocado slices onto each side of the sandwich thin and spread until evenly coated. Layer the sandwich with the lettuce, bacon, tomato slices, blue cheese crumbles then season with freshly cracked black pepper, and top with the other sandwich thin. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment