Thursday, February 11, 2010

Simple Pork Tenderloin

My father found an amazing prime rib seasoning years ago called Snider's. I can never find it in the grocery stores here in Portland, so he always loads me up whenever I run out (thanks dad). This rub isn't just for prime rib. I love this seasoning on pork, beef and especially on ribs. I had a pork tenderloin to make and decided to keep it really simple. I seasoned the tenderloin with Snider's and extra black pepper. Seared it on all sides then finished cooking it in the oven. The meat was flavorful, tender and juicy. I love simple recipes like this! I served this pork tenderloin with my favorite Baked Potato and Roasted Grape Tomatoes.

Pork Tenderloin:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1 pork tenderloin, silver skin removed
  • Snider's prime rib rub, to taste (or your favorite seasoning mix)
  • Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
  • 1-2 tsp olive oil
Remove the silver skin from the pork tenderloin then season the entire piece of meat with Snider's prime rib rub (or your favorite seasoning mix) and black pepper.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Heat olive oil in large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pork tenderloin and cook until brown on all sides, turning occasionally, about 5-6 minutes. Place the skillet into the oven, and bake for 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 155-160 degrees (medium) or desired degree of doneness. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment