Monday, November 16, 2009

No Bake Chocolate, Oatmeal and Coconut Cookies

We had friends coming over for dinner and I wanted to make a quick and easy dessert. I've been wanting to try no bake cookies for a long time but I was worried that my cookies may not set because I live in a humid climate...I was right. Unfortunately, I made them on a pretty rainy and humid day so they just wouldn't harden. I placed them in the refrigerator and it helped. We ate them quickly before they melted in our hands and we all loved them, especially the kids. My friend Molly said they reminded her of an almond joy without almonds. They literally took just a few minutes to make and tasted fantastic. I recommend making these cookies when it's not humid or rainy.

No Bake Chocolate, Oatmeal and Coconut Cookies:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 1/4 cup of butter
  • 3/4 cup of sugar
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups of quick cooking oats
  • 3/4 cup of coconut

Bring the milk, butter, sugar and cocoa powder to boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla, oatmeal and coconut; mix thoroughly.

Drop spoonfuls onto a silpat mat or wax paper and wait until dry. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment