Thursday, September 24, 2009

Caprese Skewers

My dear friend Kyle was having a small get together for her birthday and she asked me to bring a couple of appetizers. I've been wanting to make caprese skewers for a long time so I decided to make them for this occasion. It is the easiest appetizer to make and a huge hit with everyone.
I recently received some olive oil from Atlas Olive Oils in Morocco. They make wonderful extra virgin olive oils that are full of amazing flavor. I've been wanting to use them in a recipe for awhile now and decided this would be a perfect dish to use the Les Terroirs De Marrakech. It really made the caprese skewers extra special.

Caprese Skewers:
Photos and recipes by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • Mozzarella balls
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Fresh basil leaves
  • Olive oil (I used Les Terroirs De Marrakech)
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Place a tomato on a skewer, next add a basil leaf folded, and finally add a mozzarella ball. Arrange on a platter.

Drizzle with olive oil then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Enjoy.




To learn more about Atlas Olive Oils:

U.S.A contact: Mounsif Tolab
42747 Explorer Drive
Ashburn, VA 20148
(571) 212-6755


No comments:

Post a Comment