Friday, August 7, 2009

Crab Cakes


I've been craving crab cakes lately so when I saw a container of lump crab meat at Costco, I instantly knew what I would be making for dinner. I wanted to taste the crab not a bunch of fillers so I kept the crab mixture really simple. I made the cakes small so they would stay together nicely. I only cooked them in a small bit of olive oil and they tasted great without being greasy. The cakes were filled with big lumps of crab and the flavor was delicious. I can't wait to buy more of this crab and make different recipes. I served leftover tzaziki sauce as a dip but honestly the crab cakes were so good we didn't really use it.

Crab Cakes:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp dried mustard
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • 16 oz super lump crab meat
  • 3/4 cup plain panko crumbs
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • Tzaziki sauce
Combine all ingredients except crab and panko crumbs. Carefully add crab to mixture then gently fold in panko crumbs. Form into desired size crab cake by hand.


Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the crab cakes in skillet and cook on each side until golden brown. Serve with tzaziki sauce on the side. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment