Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pastrami, Peppers, Swiss and Tomato on Rye

This is one of my favorite sandwiches. It's quick and easy to make and tastes fantastic. I always cook my panini sandwiches dry (without butter or oil) and they turn out really crispy without being greasy. The pastrami goes really well with the deli mustard, tomato slices, Swiss cheese and rye bread while the peppers give the sandwich a nice tangy flavor.

Pastrami, Peppers, Swiss and Tomato on Rye:
Recipe and photo by For the Love of Cooking
  • Rye bread
  • Mayonnaise (I use light)
  • Deli mustard
  • Pastrami
  • Swiss Cheese (I use light)
  • Tomato slices
  • Pepper rings (I use mild)

Preheat the panini maker (you can also use a skillet). Spread the mayonnaise and deli mustard on the bread. Layer one slice of bread with pastrami, tomato slices, pepper rings and Swiss cheese, top with the additional slice of bread. Place in the panini maker for 5 minutes; slice and serve. Enjoy.


Click here for a printable version of this recipe - For the Love of Cooking.net

No comments:

Post a Comment