Sunday, November 23, 2008

Parmesan Roasted Potatoes

I wanted a simple side dish for a roasted chicken. I had some baby Dutch yellow potatoes and Parmesan cheese so I decided to roast them together. Not only was this extremely easy to make it tasted great. The Parmesan was salty and crisp and made these little potatoes taste wonderful. My kids both really liked them and my husband and I loved them. I can't believe I haven't made these before.
  • 9-10 small baby Dutch yellow potatoes
  • 3-4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Garlic powder, to taste
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil a large pot of water and boil the potatoes for 4-5 minutes. Remove from water and let cool. Once cooled, slice into quarters and combine with olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper as well as the Parmesan. Mix thoroughly and place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.

Place into the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and taste, re season with sea salt, cracked pepper, or garlic powder if needed. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

I received a couple of awards and tags...

Thank you to Jennifer from Jennifer's Cooking and to Emily from The Open Pantry for tagging me to to say 6 random things about myself. Here goes.

  • I could eat potatoes every day of my life.
  • I am originally from Idaho (probably why I love potatoes so much).
  • I would pick a cinnamon, coconut or lemon dessert over chocolate.
  • Cat Stevens is my all time favorite singer.
  • I want to backpack through Europe with my husband and children.
  • I love tent camping - can't get enough of it.

I also received the Superior Scribbler Award from Shelby at The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch. Thank you so much Shelby - you know how much I love your blog. I really appreciate you passing this on to me.

And the Uber Amazing Blog Award from The Blonde Duck at A Duck in Her Pond. Thank you Duckie - you always put a smile on my face with your writing. I really appreciate this award.

I will pass these awards on soon, but I must head to bed. My terrible cold returned this weekend and I am exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment