Monday, November 17, 2008

Greek Salad with a Lemon Garlic Dressing

I wanted a fresh salad to go with the Greek Style Minestrone with Turkey and Feta Meatballs I made for dinner. I just grabbed whatever ingredients I had on hand. The salad was simple, crisp, salty, garlicky and a bit tart. I really, really loved the flavors - my husband and kids liked it as much as I did. Simple ingredients sometimes make the tastiest dishes.

Salad:

  • Romaine lettuce, chopped
  • Kalamata olives
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Cucumber, seeded and chopped
  • Feta cheese
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste

Lemon Garlic Dressing:

  • 6 tablespoons olive oil
  • Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
  • 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tsp red wine vinegar
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 tsp dried oregano
Whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly combined. Taste and re-season if needed. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve. Enjoy.



Another meme tag from The Blonde Duck and Marjie. I am to say something about the last 10 people who commented on my blog. I am really tired and must get to bed, so I am only going to do the last 5...sorry.

1. Jan from Range Warfare is an Englishwoman living in Oklahoma. She is a terrific writer and cook and has wonderful recipes and stories to share. I always look forward to new posts. She was also one of the first people to ever comment on my blog.

2. Cathy from Noble Pig has an incredible food blog that I love to read. She always has great posts that I look forward to reading. She's not only a great cook and photographer, she also is very knowledgeable about wine (she is starting a vineyard in Oregon after all). Can't wait to wine taste Cathy!

3. Marjie from Modern Day Ozzie and Harriet is one amazing woman. I totally look up to her, not only does she sew beautiful clothing, costumes and curtains, she has 9 children and she home schools. She also is one of the best bakers around - she always has tempting treats or meals on her blog. She also is the owner of Thor, the big beautiful dog I would love to have.

4. Aggie from Aggie's Kitchen always has recipes that I want to try. Her blog is fun to read and her recipes are tasty, tempting and never too complicated (I love that). She's a great mom to two kids and lives in Florida.

5. Dawn from Vanilla Sugar is an amazing baker. She always has great recipes but her baking is unbelievable! I truly leave her blog drooling every time. She's also feisty and funny which I love.

That's all I can do - I am so tired. I appreciate everyone who visits my site and especially those that keep coming back. Thank you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment