Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shrimp and Scallops in a Lemon Butter Sauce

I can't believe my little girl started kindergarten this year and my son started preschool. GULP. I didn't know I would get so emotional but it really hit me hard this week. They grow up way too fast.

Anyway, I was tired and didn't feel like making a huge dinner. Seafood sounded good and easy so I decided to make shrimp and scallops. I marinated them in garlic, lemon zest, olive oil and basil for 2-3 hours. Then I sauteed them in a lemon butter sauce. My kids gobbled them up and asked for seconds. I loved that it tasted fantastic, was simple to make and very easy to clean up.
  • Fresh, large scallops (as many as you want)
  • Fresh large shrimp, deveined, with tail on (as many as you want)
  • Zest of one lemon
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3-4 basil leaves, chopped (divided)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • Juice of one lemon
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Combine the first four ingredients plus a bit of chopped basil and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Season the scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat the last teaspoon of olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium high heat, when the skillet is hot add the scallops and cook for about 2 minutes then turn over. Add the shrimp and lemon juice to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and tender and the scallops are golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment