Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chocolate Chip, Toffee and Almond Cookies

Our friends were coming to our house for dinner and they were bringing all the food! Don't I have great friends? Anyway, I made a salad and the kids and I decided to bake some cookies. We looked through the baking ingredients and decided that toffee chips and almond slivers along with chocolate chips would make wonderful cookies. We had fun getting our hands dirty and baking these beauties. They were soft, chewy and rich while the toffee gave them a great crunch. These were the most fantastic cookies! There were 7 of us (four adults/three children) and only 2 cookies remained at the end of the night. They were that good.
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup of toffee pieces
  • 1/2 cup of slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in the flour mixture then stir in the chocolate chips, toffee chips and almond slivers. Drop small spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe


Awards:


I received the Yummy Blog Award from Jan at Range Warfare. Jan's blog is one of my favorites. She's an excellent writer and cook. Her recipes are always tempting and tasty. Thank you for thinking of me Jan - it means a lot.

I will be passing this award on to some amazing food blogs - make sure to check them out.
  • HoneyB from The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch because she is always baking up new goodies that I want to try.
  • Jenny from Picky Palate - Jenny always has delicious recipes and wonderful pictures too.
  • Adam from Baking with Dynamite. Not only does Adam bake some amazing treats, he also posts about fitness and exercise. I have learned a lot from him and you will too.

I received the I love you this much award from HoneyB at The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch. HoneyB is constantly baking delicious treats and inspires me to bake more. Thank you HoneyB - this award means a lot!

I am passing this award on to the following - make sure you check out their sites!

  • Nat from Hot off the Garlic Press. This girl knows how to cook! I love her fun and creative recipes. She truly is talented.
  • Natasha from Tastorama. I love Natasha's blog...she always has beautiful recipes and great pictures.
  • Nicole from Test Kitchen Recipes. She makes great recipes that are family friendly and delicious
  • Lisa from Jersey Girl Cooks - I love Lisa's site. She has terrific recipes and great stories.

It's so hard to pick just a few blogs because I love so many. So, to the other great bloggers out there - these awards are for you too! Take them and pass them on.

On a side note:

My husband and I were outside last night enjoying the warm evening when we realized it was a full moon. My husband grabbed the camera and took this shot. Pretty cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment