Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

It was our wedding anniversary yesterday and my husband and I had a date. Our wonderful friends offered to babysit the kids so we could do something special to celebrate. The plan was to go out to one of our favorite restaurants and have a lovely meal and a couple of cocktails. I started thinking, although it's my ideal date, it's not my husband's. He would much rather stay at home, eat take out, have a fancy beer and watch a movie that he can listen to as loud as he wants on his surround sound and not be interrupted. I decided my gift to my husband would be just that. We had Thai take out (a couple of these tasty cookies for dessert), cuddled up on the couch and watched a movie. What a great way to celebrate 7 years of marriage.

Anyway, I always try to bake a treat for our friends, as a thank you for babysitting our little ones. My kids wanted to make chocolate chip cookies but decided to add the peanut butter chips too, because they know our friend CurriƩ loves chocolate and peanut butter. We used my base recipe for chocolate chip cookies and added peanut butter chips as well. They were incredibly moist, chewy, rich and delicious. Try it with ice cold milk - they are outstanding!
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and mix thoroughly. Beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Drop small spoonfuls onto an un-greased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment