Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Salad

My wonderful neighbor Cheryl invited my kids over to pick some fresh cherry tomatoes from her tomato plant and they had so much fun picking and eating them. We ended up with a large bowl of cherry tomatoes and I couldn't wait to make a salad using them. I found some yellow grape tomatoes and fresh mozzarella balls at Trader Joes and decided to make a little caprese salad. I added freshly picked basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. A simple, delicious and beautiful salad!
  • 2 large handfuls of cherry tomatoes
  • 1 large handful of yellow grape tomatoes
  • Fresh mozzarella balls
  • Freshly picked basil leaves, torn or cut into pieces
  • 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss until thoroughly mixed. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment