Monday, August 25, 2008

Pasta with Mushrooms and Asparagus in a Pesto Sauce

I didn't feel like making anything time consuming for dinner and I had left over pesto sauce, so I decided on pasta. I just bought some Bucati noodles from Trader Joes and I wanted to see how they were. They are very thick and hollow spaghetti noodles that are supposed to hold sauce really well. I had some mushrooms and fresh asparagus to use up so I decided to combine everything together. I really, really liked this pasta dish. It was light, very flavorful and filling. The pesto sauce went really well with the mushrooms and asparagus and I loved how big the noodles are. It was a really quick and easy dinner with very little clean up... perfect for a tired mom.
  • 6 oz button mushrooms, sliced
  • 10 asparagus spears, ends removed and cut into thirds
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • Noodles of your choice, cooked per instructions
  • 1/2 cup of pesto sauce
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Add asparagus then salt and pepper to taste and continue to saute until asparagus is tender. While mushrooms and asparagus are cooking, cook noodles per instructions. Once the noodles are cooked, drain and return to pan. Add pesto sauce, mushrooms and asparagus then mix thoroughly. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve. Enjoy.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment