Thursday, August 7, 2008

Coconut, Chocolate Chip and Almond Cookies

It was a rainy day and I wasn't looking forward to another game of Candyland so I suggested making cookies. My children happily agreed and away we went. The coconut, chocolate chip and almond combination were fantastic together - they reminded me of an Almond Joy candy bar. These cookies were gooey, soft, sweet, salty and crunchy. I was in heaven, my children, my husband and my neighbor all loved them too. Don't forget to dip them in ice cold milk but I must warn you - they are addictive! Thanks to my neighbor, Cheryl, who just gave me a wonderful cookie recipe book... it inspired me to create these cookies.


Coconut, Chocolate Chip, and Almond Cookies:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net

  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups of flaked coconut
  • 1 cup almond slivers

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. Mix the butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Slowly beat in the eggs. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together thoroughly. Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture until well blended. Add the chocolate chips, coconut and almonds and mix. Drop by rounded spoonfuls on cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minuets or until golden brown. Allow to cool before moving them to a wire wrack. Enjoy.



Click here for a printable version of this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment