Friday, August 15, 2008

Coconut and Lemon Blondies

Our dear friends often babysit our kids so my husband and I can have a date night. Since they won't let us pay them, I decided to bake them a special treat as a thank you. My three year old son Chase wanted to help and I must say, we made a great team. They were unbelievably easy to make and smelled delicious while they baked. I had a taste before giving them to our friends and they were so amazing. The coconut and lemon combination went really well together. Both my kids and our friends loved them. Chase was very proud!
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 sticks of unsalted butter (10 tbsp)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • Zest of one lemon
  • 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour (or coat with cooking spray) a 9.5 x 13.5 x 2 inch baking pan. In a large bowl combine, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix thoroughly. Using a mixer, beat brown sugar and butter until creamy, add one egg at a time along with lemon juice and lemon zest. Slowly add flour mixture and mix until blended. Add the coconut and stir until thoroughly mixed. Pour batter in prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake blondies for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool blondies before slicing into squares. Enjoy!

My little chef

Click here for a printable version of this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment