Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Perfect Egg

There is nothing worse than an over cooked egg. I am not a fan of crunchy whites or the hard and dry yolk. I love a well cooked, over easy, creamy yolk, egg. I tried perfecting my egg cooking technique for years but never got it just right until my brother in law, Brett, taught me how to steam them. It's similar to basting but instead of using fat or butter, I use water. It's unbelievably easy and it truly makes the perfect egg. Try it - you'll see. Thanks Brett!

  • Cooking spray (or butter)
  • 1 egg
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
  • 1 tbsp water
Heat the cooking spray in a small skillet over medium heat. Crack the egg into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Once the white of the egg is no longer transparent, add the water to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for about 1 minute or until the yolk is clouded over. Don't over cook or the yolk will be hard. I like to eat my over easy eggs on top of an English muffin with a piece of bacon on it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment